In my option, everything tastes better with bacon – and these sweet wonders are no exception! Perfect combination of sweet and salty. You can also fill the dates with cheese and nuts.These crispy bacon wrapped dates is perfect as a snack or appetizer. It is super easy to make and is perfect to prepare for a party. Well, I could munch those for breakfast, lunch, dinner & dessert. I love them! When you first start – you can’t stop! Try these addicting bite-sized bacon wrapped dates and thank me later!
Bacon wrapped dates
Try these easy crispy, sweet and salt bacon wrapped dates! Fill them with nuts and cheese. Heavenly good - the the perfect appetizer!
- Thin slices of bacon
- Pitted dates
You can also play around and add your favorite cheese and/or nuts. My favorite cheeses to add is blue cheese (gorgonzola or roquefort), cheddar or chevre. Nuts like cashew and macadamia taste great!
- Preheat oven to 190 °C / 375 °F and line a pan with parchment paper
- Remove the pits from the dates. Slice them across the top from one end to the other, and carefully take out the pit
- Stuff the cavities with cheese and/or nuts (optional) and wrap the bacon around. I normally cut the bacon slices in 2, so they get half the length
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 8-10 minutes (maybe 15, depending on how thick the bacon is) or until bacons starts to turn golden and gets slightly crispy on the edges
- Remove and let cool 10-15 minutes
- Best warm but also good cold
Courses appetizer, snack, side, tapas
What is your…
What is your favorite recipe with dates? Comment below so I can do a recipe inspired by them. Let me know what you think in the comments, rate the recipe if you try it (it helps me improve them for you!), and if you make it at home share it on Instagram with #alalinn som I can see!0