Chocolate covered strawberries – maybe my favorite thing to eat in the world?
I just love everything about this combination. These strawberries are perfect as a sweet and fresh party treat, or as a romantic dessert for two.
Chocolate covered strawberries
Chocolate covered strawberries - create this easy, impressive dessert by dipping juicy strawberries in sweet chocolate.
- Fresh strawberries (washed and completely dried, important)
- Semi sweet chocolate
- A little vegetable oil or shortening. You can also add a little milk to make the dip thinner (optional, it works without as well)
- Make sure the strawberries are dry (use papertowels), and line cookie sheet with waxed paper
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate and oil/shortening over low heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat. You can also use the microwave (take out every 30 seconds to stir)
- Dip lower half of each strawberry into chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip back into saucepan. Place on waxed paper-lined tray or cookie sheet
- Refrigerate uncovered about 30 minutes or until chocolate is firm, or until ready to serve. Store covered in refrigerator so chocolate does not soften (if made with oil, chocolate will soften more quickly at room temperature).
This is a basic recipe. Have fun and be creative! Some ideas:
- Dip a fork in the white chocolate and drizzle the white chocolate over the dipped strawberries!
- Add/sprinkle some coconut flakes, nuts or sugar!
Courses sweet, dessert
What is your…
What is your favorite strawberry sweet treat? And what is your favorite fruit to cover with chocolate? Comment below so I can do a recipe inspired by them. Let me know what you think in the comments, rate the recipe if you try it (it helps me improve them for you!), and if you make it at home share it on Instagram with #alalinn som I can see!0