This creamy and tasty spinach stew with gorgonzola cheese is my favorite side to salmon or light meat! Spinach is well known for its nutritional qualities and has always been regarded as a plant with remarkable abilities to restore energy, increase vitality and improve the quality of the blood. Spinach is especially rich in iron.
Spinach stew with gorgonzola cheese
Creamy and delicious spinach stew, perfect with fish or light meat.
- 500 grams frozen or fresh spinach
- 2,5 dl milk
- 2,5 tablespoons wheat flour
- Gorgonzola cheese*
- Grounded black pepper
- Grounded nutmeg
- Add some butter and melt in a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Add the spinach, put on the the lock and cook until wilted. Remove from the pan and drain in a colander. Try to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- Melt 2-3 tablespoons butter in a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour (2-4 tablespoons). Whisk in a little of the milk at a time, stirring continuously until you have a smooth, slightly thick sauce.
- Sprinkle in the cheese and stir to melt.
- Add spinach and continue stirring until the stew has thickened.
- Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg, and serve hot.
* Cheese: Use your favorite cheese. I do love blue cheese, but any cheese should work fine. Have fun!
WHAT IS YOUR…
What is your favorite spinach side recipe? Comment below so I can do a recipe inspired by them. Let me know what you think in the comments, rate the recipe if you try it (it helps me improve them for you!), and if you make it at home share it on Instagram with #alalinn som I can see!1