Healthy, refreshing and delicious green pea soup with a hint of mint! The nutrition behind these little beauties is amazing. They are loaded with vitamin K, B vitamins, minerals and plant-based protein. Besides protein, peas also provide antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits, help with blood sugar regulation and type 2 diabetes because of the great fiber content. It also may help with some types of digestive cancers including stomach due to the polyphenol content.
Green peas soup with mint
Refreshing and tasty green pea soup with a hint of mint!
- 4 cups peas, shelled
- 2 cups vegetable stock (organic, low sodium)
- 2 cups water, filtered
- 1 cup sweet onion, chopped (or yellow onion + some honey)
- ⅓ cup fresh mint, chopped
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add the coconut oil and onion in a large saucepan, cook over medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes, until softened.
- Add the vegetable stock and water, increase the heat to allow the mixture to come to a boil.
- Add the peas and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the peas are tender. If you're using frozen peas it will only take 2-3 minutes.
- Taking the pot off of the heat, add in fresh herbs, salt, pepper, and adjust for seasonings.
- Pour the mixture into a food processor/blender and puree/blend until the entire mixture is creamy.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, or pea shots.
Courses soup, lunch
WHAT IS YOUR…
What is your favorite soup? And what is your favorite green pea dish? Comment below so I can do a recipe inspired by them. Let me know what you think in the comments, rate the recipe if you try it (it helps me improve them for you!), and if you make it at home share it on Instagram with #alalinn som I can see!1