A healthier apple cake, with rolled oats and less sugar! This cake is amazing, jam packed with delicious seasonal apples from the garden, scented with a hint of vanilla.
Less sugar, more apples, juicy and heavenly good! Easily made. My favourite apple cake recipe.
APPLE CAKE WITH ROLLED OATS RECIPE
- 6-8 apples
- 1 tbsp sugar (To coat the apples)
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (To coat the apples)
- 150 grams butter
- 0,5 deciliter sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 ½ deciliter wheat flour
- 2 ½ deciliter spelt flour
- 2 ½ deciliter rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar and/or vanilla extract (Adjust to your tasting)
- 2½ deciliter milk
- Clean and chop the apples (no need to peel skin). In a plastic bag, mix the apples, 1 tbsp sugar and 1 tbsp cinnamon.
- Add butter (room temperature) and sugar (0,5 deciliter) in a bowl. Whip until white, and add the eggs one by one.
- Mix all the dry ingredients and add to the bowl. Swirl in the milk at the end.
- Coat the baking pan with butter, and add the dough and the apple-mix.
- Bake for 175 ° celcius / 350 °F for 45 minutes (20-25 cm in diameter pan)
Apples are high on fibre, vitamin C and antioxidants!
WHAT IS YOUR…
What is your favorite apple cake recipe? And favourite spices to add? Comment below so I can do a recipe inspired by them. Let me know what you think in the comments, rate the recipe if you try it (it helps me improve them for you!), and if you make it at home share it on Instagram with #alalinn som I can see!0