Homemade almond milk is loaded with nutrients, is alkaline, mild in flavor, rich and creamy. Commercial almond milk is widely available, and is a fantastic to use in recipes. But, it is largely bereft of nutrients, and contains a lot of additives and preservatives.
With homemade milk you can control the quality, the sugar levels, the flavor and the texture!
Homemade almond milk
This delicious homemade almond milk is loaded with nutrients, is alkaline, mild in flavor, rich and creamy. Easy recipe.
Base/Unsweetened almond milk:
- 1 cup almonds, soaked
- 3 cups of filtered water
- Pinch of salt
Sweetened almond milk:
Base + the following ingredients
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons pure maple syrup, or other sweetener
- 5 pitted dates (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
- Some ripe banana (optional)
Matcha almond milk:
- Add 1-2 teaspoons matcha tea powder to the sweetened almond milk
Chocolate almond milk:
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of cacao powder to the sweetened almond milk
Cinnamon almond milk:
- Add 1-2 teaspoons ground cinnamon to the sweetened almond milk
Almond sweet treat topped with real maple syrup:
Make the base/unsweetened almond milk. Use 1 cup of almonds and a pinch of salt, but only 2 cups of water when mixing together. This will make a very thick and creamy milk. Swirl inn your favorite maple syrup and top with almonds. This is heavenly good!
- Soaked almonds: Place the nuts in a glass/bowl and cover with filtered water. Some people like to add a little salt and fresh lemon juice/apple cider vinegar as well. Cover with a breathable kitchen towel and soak in room temperature for minimum 10 hours.
- Drain and discard the soaking liquid. Rinse well.
- Throw the rinsed almonds, water and salt in a blender/food processor. Blast on high until smooth and creamy. Use the whole milk to maximize nutrition. You can also strain for a smoother (and more commercial style) milk.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.
Courses beverage, drink
What is your…
Have you ever tried to make your own nut milk? What is your favorite? Comment below so I can do a recipe inspired by them. Let me know what you think in the comments, rate the recipe if you try it (it helps me improve them for you!), and if you make it at home share it on Instagram with #alalinn som I can see!0