Nutella hazelnut-chocolate spread is a happy start to your day! Enjoy it with toast, pancakes, strawberries, bananas… I LOVE this spread with toast and butter.
There is many recipes and ways to make homemade Nutella. This recipe taste pretty much like the original. You can also find vegan recipes with less sugar.
Smooth, creamy and irresistible homemade Nutella spread
- 2,4 deciliter (1 cup) hazelnuts
- 340 grams (12 ounces) milk chocolate, chopped (250 grams is also enough)
- 2 tablespoons mild vegetable oil (sunflower or canola oil)
- Some sweetener. 3 tablespoons sugar, maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (or more for a deeper/darker taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, more or less depending upon your preference
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C (350°F) Spread the hazelnuts in a single layer on a baking sheet and toast them in the oven for about 12 minutes, until the skins are blistered a little and little brown. Wrap them in a kitchen towel and rub vigorously to remove as much loose skin as possible. (Some skin is okey). Let cool completely.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave (stir every 30 seconds) or in a saucepan over gently simmering water. Stir until smooth. Let cool completely.
- In a good quality, strong blender, grind the hazelnuts until they form a paste. Add the oil, sweetener, cocoa powder, vanilla, and salt and continue processing until the mixture is as smooth as possible. Add the melted chocolate and blend well. It will thicken as it cools.
- Scrape your homemade nutella into a jar or other resealable container and let it cool to room temperature. (Will keep on the counter for up to 2 weeks)
Courses condiment, spread, dip
WHAT IS YOUR…
What is your favorite spread recipe? What is your favorite Nutella recipe? Comment below so I can do a recipe inspired by them. Let me know what you think in the comments, rate the recipe if you try it (it helps me improve them for you!), and if you make it at home share it on Instagram with #alalinn som I can see!0