This is truly the best carrot cake ever. It´s one of the best cakes I´ve ever had, and I have tried MANY cakes in my life! It´s super moist and tastes like heaven. Make this classic favorite for your family and friends – I promise you there will be nothing left! I made this cake for my Thanksgiving Potluck Lunch last year – and so many ladies asked for the recipe. One of the ladies actually asked me if she could bring some cake home to her husband. Perfect for kids because of the simple and clean taste. Everybody will like this cake!
The best carrot cake ever, with a delicous cream cheese topping. Juicy and and heavenly good. Try it and thank me later!
- 6 dl sugar
- 4,5 dl oil (neutral)
- 6 eggs
- 7,5 dl wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons natron
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon
- 750 grams carrot, grated
Cream cheese topping:
- 250 grams butter
- 400 grams powdered sugar
- 400 grams cream cheese
- 2-3 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- Whip sugar and oil in a baking bowl. Add the eggs and whip into the mixture (until it gets thick and a little lighter)
- Mix flour, natron, baking powder, cinnamon. Add this into the mix in step 1, and whip until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the grated carrots into the mix.
- Pour the dough into a big roasting pan (about 30*40 cm, covered with baking paper or butter). Bake the cake for 35-40 minutes in the middle of the oven, 175*C.
Cream Cheese Topping:
- Whip room tempered butter and half the powdered sugar to a cream. Add cream cheese, vanilla sugar and the rest of the powdered sugar, and whip until a smooth cream.
- Chill the cake completely before frosting, otherwise the frosting will just melt off. To expedite the cooling process, you can put the cake for some time in the freezer, checking until the cake is thoroughly cold.
This cake is perfect to put in the freezer! Just take out about 1 hour before eating, and it will be ready to serve. In my opinion this cake is even better cold. For a sweeter topping, just add more powdered sugar or vanilla sugar. You can also play around with different cream cheeses, e.g lemon flavor.
Courses cake, dessert
WHAT IS YOUR…
What is your favorite cake? What is your best carrot cake recipe? Comment below so I can do a recipe inspired by them. Let me know what you think in the comments, rate the recipe if you try it (it helps me improve them for you!), and if you make it at home share it on Instagram with #alalinn som I can see!