Matcha latte with cinnamon – Your new favorite latte drink? Ever since I tried matcha latte for the first time I’ve become totally obsessed with them and seem to need one every day now!
Matcha is like a super strong green tea, and is so good for us! This powdered green tea is very high in antioxidants, and has numerous health benefits for your body and brain. When steamed with milk it makes a really sweet, creamy hot drink that I just love! I love matcha and I love cinnamon – and what an amazing combination! Add some vanilla and it´s the perfect latte.
Are you one of those who need a coffee to get you going the morning? Let´s compare the two drinks. Coffee is easier to find and less expensive. But, matcha contains less caffeine than coffee, and provides a less jittery, more sustained energy boost – with no crash at the end! It´s L-Theanine also improves focus and helps you concentrate. Matcha got much higher levels of antioxidants, boosts metabolism, easy to make, provides fiber and nutrients…. and no coffee breath.
Matcha cinnamon latte
Matcha, the super strong green tea, is so good for us! Mixed with cinnamon and steamed milk it makes a really sweet, creamy hot drink that I just love!
- Milk of your choice
- Good quality matcha tea (I prefer ceremonial)
- Organic ceylon cinnamon (powdered or natural)
- Some vanilla extract
- Honey (optional)
- Heat and steam the milk
- Add some matcha, cinnamon and vanilla
- The amount of matcha, cinnamon and vanilla depends on your taste.
- If you have a milk steamer then use this. Simply whisk the milk, matcha and the rest of the ingredients together with a fork, then steam until hot. If you don’t have a steamer then use a handheld milk-frother. Heat in a pan while you froth it until it’s hot, mixed and creamy!
- A quick solution is to heat the milk in the microwave, and then use a handheld milk frother to mix in the rest of the ingredients
- If you’re adding honey stir then in at the end, whichever method you’re using.
Courses drink, beverage
WHAT IS YOUR…
What is your favorite latte, and your favorite spices to add? Comment below so I can do a recipe inspired by them. Let me know what you think in the comments, rate the recipe if you try it (it helps me improve them for you!), and if you make it at home share it on Instagram with #alalinn som I can see!4