Juicy & crispy cinnamon sugar sticks. This is definitely one of my favorite cookies from when I was a kid. My mum (thank you!) made them around christmas time every year. I remember filling up my pockets before going out to play in the snow! Good memories.
Mum´s cinnamon sticks
Best cookies ever! Tasty, juicy & crispy cinnamon sugar sticks.
- 250 grams/4 dl wheat flour
- 150 grams butter
- 125 grams/ 1,5 dl sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 egg
- Topping: Sugar and cinnamon spice
- Put the wheat flour in a bowl. Cut the butter in small chunks and blend in to the wheat flour with your finger tips.
- Add sugar, cinnamon and vanilla flour. Mix well.
- Mix/whip the egg in a cup. Pour half of it in the mixture. Mix everything quick together.
- Let it sit, cold, for about 15 minutes.
- Form the dough to a long sausage, then roll it flat. Brush the roll with the egg and sprinkle over cinnamon and sugar. Cut (diagonally), on a baking paper. I also like to play around with forms, like hearts!
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes, 200*C.
Courses cookie, dessert, sweet
WHAT IS YOUR…
What is your favorite cookie/dessert recipe with cinnamon? Comment below so I can do a recipe inspired by them. Let me know what you think in the comments, rate the recipe if you try it (it helps me improve them for you!), and if you make it at home share it on Instagram with #alalinn som I can see!0