This scones recipe with spelt flour, oats and yoghurt is simple, quick and turns out delicious every time! You probably think about the crumbly triangles served in coffeehouses. That´s not whats happening here. These bake up like a dream! Like a light airy and soft dream.
This is my mum´s favorite scones recipe. And my little nephew Jacob´s breakfast favorite. And now my favorite. It reminds me of the times I visit my mum. She makes them every weekend, and we eat them in their garden with butter and jam. So yummy. Good memories!
Yield 1 scone, (for 2 people)
Healthy soft & airy scones with spelt flour, oats and youghurt
- 2 deciliter rolled oats
- 1,5 deciliter boiled/very hot water
- 0,5 deciliter yoghurt, natural
- 1,5 deciliter whole grain/whole meal spelt flour
- 1 deciliter buckwheat flour (or more spelt or wheat flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C (392° F) and line a pan with parchment paper
- Boil the water and pour over the oats. Stir and leave for 5 minutes
- Add the rest of the ingredients, mix well using a spatula or your hands. The dough will be very sticky!
- Form the dough into a round flat cake on the parchment paper. Cut a cross with a knife and sprinkle with some oats
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in the middle of the oven, until it´s golden on the top
WHAT IS YOUR…
What is your favorite scones recipe? Comment below so I can do a recipe inspired by them. Let me know what you think in the comments, rate the recipe if you try it (it helps me improve them for you!), and if you make it at home share it on Instagram with #alalinn som I can see!2