Healthy and tasty banana bread!
This bread is low on sugar, with oat flour. When using this recipe, you will not get the traditional airy banana bread you get when using wheat flour and sugar. This turns out more compact, and will be much more filling (and little impact on your blood sugar). I love this banana bread!
Healthy banana bread
Healthier banana bread recipe! Low on sugar, with oat flour.
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon psyllium husk powder (optional)
- 10 tablespoons water
- 3 cups oat flour (store-bought or oats grinded in a food processor)
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia (or some other sweetener of your choice. I used Stevia liquid sweetener with french vanilla)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 (or 4 small) ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 2-3 tablespoons neutral oil (canola, sunflower) or coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoon plain greek yogurt (or other plain thick yogurt)
* To make it dairy free: Just skip the yoghurt
- Preheat oven to 175°C / 350°F
- In a small bowl mix the flaxmeal, psyllium and water together (+ the liquid sweetener) and set aside for 10-15 minutes
- Pour the oat flour into a mixing bowl and mix in the baking soda, salt, and cinnamon (and the sugar if not liquid)
- In a separate mixing bowl, mash the bananas using a fork. Add in the psyllium/flax egg, applesauce, yogurt and oil
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix well. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a lightly sprayed/greased loaf pan
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry
WHAT IS YOUR…
What is your favorite banana bread recipe? Comment below so I can do a recipe inspired by them. Let me know what you think in the comments, rate the recipe if you try it (it helps me improve them for you!), and if you make it at home share it on Instagram with #alalinn som I can see!0