Do you want a pretty healthy energy snack that will satisfy your sweet tooth? These mouth-watering chai spiced energy balls contains a lot of delicious spices, such as cinnamon and nutmeg. I am sure they will curb any sugar cravings. They also contains ginger, that is famous for helping to reduce nausea, and help fight flu and colds. These bites are the perfect pick-me-up all year!
The chia seeds and nut butter also make them small protein bombs! Easy to prepare, no baking required.
Chai spiced energy balls
These little protein bombs will satisfy your sweet-tooth, and give you great energy!
Chai Spice Blend:
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
*Do you want to make your own "allspice mix"? Blend 1/3 with ground cinnamon, 1/3 with ground cloves and 1/3 with ground nutmeg. If you prefer a little less cloves and nutmeg, add less of those and a little more cinnamon!
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Chai spice blend (above)
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ½ cup nut or seed butter (I love using organic raw almonds butter)
- ¼ cup honey or brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- Shredded coconut, to coat
- Place all spice ingredients in a small bowl to mix them together
- Then put all the remaining ingredients (except the shredded coconut) into a food processor and blend until a sticky crumble forms
- Using the palm of your hands, roll the mixture into small balls. Take each ball and roll them in shredded coconut to coat
- Place the balls on a plate and refrigerate until hard before serving
1 cup = 2,4 deciliter
Courses snack, light-bite
WHAT IS YOUR…
What is your favorite energy balls recipe? Comment below so I can do a recipe inspired by them. Let me know what you think in the comments, rate the recipe if you try it (it helps me improve them for you!), and if you make it at home share it on Instagram with #alalinn som I can see!1